Refinery is based on the pattern for the early church as outlined in the book of Acts:
“And they continued steadfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers” Acts 2:42
For Saturday evenings, this is what to expect:
- Christ centered worship – mostly contemporary.
- The worship team are mostly teens.
- About five songs before the message, and one after.
- Are welcome in the worship.
- Get age appropriate teaching.
- Yes – child care is available.
- Based on the next block of Scripture from the current book of the Bible (yes – we use it exclusively).
- Dealing with the text in context (inductively).
- Usually between 40 and 50 mins.
- You’ll need your own Bible to track and think.
- Warning! No emotional ‘feel good’ messages. We want to know what the Holy Spirit is saying to us through the text.
- Dress Code
- Communion / Lord’s Table
- The first Saturday in the month.
- Open to all professing believers.
- We have a meal together afterwards, and while the adults chat, the kids play (there is lots of space).